RE: wiggle with the CTS pin

I don't know anything at all about the the EB40A board, nor about the UART
that is used on it, but the ugly, temporary hack would be to look at the
device driver for the UART on that board, find out what the base address is,
find out what the device is, and use something like a
'HAL_READ_UINT8()/HAL_WRITE_UINT8()' pair to read the appropriate control
register, set (or clear) the bit that controls the CTS pin, write the result
back, and hope that the device driver doesn't override your changes.

It's ugly, but it should solve your near term problem.  Long term, I wasn't
planning on (nor do I have the resources to) rework the device drivers for
all of the UART's to support the new API -- I was just going to define the
API and implement it for the UART(s?) that I use.

--wpd