Re: How to enable serial interrupt of 16550

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your valuable support

The serial Driver API for 16c550 is in ser_16x5x.c file
But at the top of this file following lines present:
"
// Only compile driver if an inline file with driver details was selected.
#ifdef CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X_INL
"
Till now i am not able to enable the option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X_INL.
how to enable this option ? what is the procedure?

As mentioned in the comment inline file for serial port is "sh_sh3_se77x9_16x5x.inl"
Pls help me to solve this problem.

FYI:
In my ecos configuration file Hardware serial device driver option is enable...
But help window shows following discription for the SH SE77X9 Serial 1 driver (Super IO)
"This option includes the serial device driver for the COM1 port. FIXME: Disabled due to being broken."
pls confirm....

>>> Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> 07/16/04 04:27PM >>>

Please copy all replies to the list so that everyone can participate.
Personal messages may be ignored.

"Aniket S Joshi" <aniketsj@myw.ltindia.com> writes:

> Hi Nick,
>

> >You need to enable the serial driver in the configuration by enabling
> >CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL, this will automatically include the serial
> >drivers. You don't need to write any code to do this.
>
> Yes , i am doing the same thing , Serial Driver setting is already
> enabled in configuration & for polling i am using same fiuction call
> written in Serial driver file (ser16c550c.c) , but my application
> demands serial port communication with interrupt , do i need to
> enable the serial interrupt (other than serial controller interrupt
> register settings) separately using cyg_interrupt_create (....) & >
> cyg_interrupt_attach(..) function... OR any other way is thr to
> enable this interrupt?
>
> As i mentioned in my earlier mail i tried with cyg_interrupt_create (....) &
> > cyg_interrupt_attach(..) function but it is giving error like "
> sample.c:22: error: multiple storage classes in declaration of `cyg_hal_plf_seri
> al_isr'
> sample.c: In function `Sample1_main':
> sample.c:62: warning: passing arg 4 of `cyg_interrupt_create' from incompatible
> pointer type "

You misunderstand. The support in the HAL is for polled IO only. There
is a separate interrupt driven device driver that you access via the
IO API, or, more usually, via the C library.