Re: tail +2 problems

Stephan Bourduas <stephan@macs.ece.mcgill.ca> writes:

> I'm using the cvs sources and the Altera EPXA1 port.  I'm working in Linux and
> whenever I make a new configuration, I always get this error:
>
> tail: cannot open `+2' for reading: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [arm.inc] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/stephan/ecos/epxa1/redboot/hal/arm/arch/v2_0'
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>

> To solve, I need to do some grepping/sedding to change "tail +2" to "tail -n
> +2" and then everything works.  Is there a file to edit in the repository
> that will get rid of this?

It looks like in this case it is just the make{} entries in
hal_arm.cdl. Just edit those and you should be OK.

I'm also a little surprised that your Linux tail is complaining about
this. I have SuSE 9.1 with coreutils-5.2.1, which is the latest version,
and tail is quite happy with the +2. However, maybe there's some
configuration option that SuSE set differently to your distribution.