Dreamcast binaries and Cygwin and building them there, few other questions

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Below my signature is the output from the tool I use for uploading
data into my Dreamcast, it only runs on Cygwin successfully. When I
try to run it on Slackware Linux, which is where I built that copy of
Red Boot, my Dreamcast ignores me. I am working to resolve that issue
even as I write this.

Am I correct in my assertions regarding the hosting of eCos, with
Cygwin, that despite the fact that Cygwin can be installed on Windows
98, or 95, I can't use it for building eCos binaries? I thought the
tool chains came already made, despite the hosting environment, that
of either Linux, (see above for my chosen distribution name), or
Cygwin. Regarding the Embedded Linux issues, I'll tackle them on the
Cygwin list, but that's my collection.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."? Obi-Wan Kenobi

C:\DLOAD195\DC\Win32>dc-tool -x redboot.elf
Console enabled
Upload <redboot.elf>
File format is elf32-shl, start address is 0x8c010200
Section .entry, lma 0x8c010000, size 12
send_data: U
Section .vectors, lma 0x8c010200, size 2120
send_data: C
Section .text, lma 0x8c010a48, size 40504
send_data: CCCCC
Section .rodata, lma 0x8c01a880, size 20896
send_data: CCC
Section .data, lma 0x8c01fa20, size 3040
send_data: C
effective: 8656.957087 bytes / sec
Executing at <0x8c010200>
Sending execute command (0x8c010200, console=1)...executing
Unimplemented command (192)
Assuming program has exited, or something...

C:\DLOAD195\DC\Win32>