Re: tc58xxxx nand flash driver

Thomas Koeller said:
> Gary Thomas wrote:
>> Thomas Koeller said:
>> > Hi Gary,
>> >
>> > I am trying to evaluate the suitability of your tc58xxxx
>> > nand flash driver for an upcoming project. I browsed the
>> > source code and found that apparently it supports neither
>> > ecc nor bad block management. Is this correct? Do you have
>> > any other comments about this driver?
>>
>> Hang tight - these changes are on their way.
>
> What I want to do is to share a jffs2 file system between
> ecos and linux. This would require a linux-mtd compatible
> implementation of those features; did you consider that?

Yes.  I already have this partially working (RedBoot can write the
JFFS2 image, Linux reads it).  More work would be required to
bring the eCos JFFS2 code up to date for NAND support since what
we have now is quite out of date in that area.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc