Re: zlib_uncompress usage(more info)

Most likely you need to skip around the gzip header (or strip the header prior to programming the image into flash)

If you have the zlib code, look in gzio.c for the function check_header as an example

-john

bhanuprakash kandimalla wrote:

Just want to put some more info to my previous mail.

Hello Ecos World:
Did any one use the zlib uncompress function. This
funtion has the following structure:uncompress(dest,
dest_len, source, source_len). Is there anylimit on
the souce_len to use. I have a compressed image stored
in boot flash and want to uncompress onto RAM. The
source file is of 177768 bytes. Some how when I use
this function, it always returns Z_MEM_ERROR. (I used
the Cygwin tool to create the compressed image
(gzip)).

This Z_MEM_ERROR is returning from inflate_blocks()

function. What does this mean...

Can someone suggest me where I am doing wrong. I
appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance