RE: Questions on debugging

Here's text from the eCos book that I hope helps you out:

eCos supports two mechanisms to aid in debugging?asserts and tracing. An
assert is a piece of code that checks, at run time, whether a condition is
expected. If the condition is not expected, an error message can be output
and the application is halted. Assertions can determine if there is a bug
in the code and isolate the problem immediately, rather than having the
application fail later during execution.

Tracing allows the output of text messages at various points in the
application?s execution. This output enables you to follow the execution
flow of a program or check a particular status when certain events occur.

--Anthony

I have some questions about RT debugging
What's exactly tracing ?
What's exactly asserts ?
I've played a bit with these options in the infra packages but I'm looking
for documentation on how to get the maximum on thses functions. The ecos doc
is not very complete on all the debugging techniques and possibilities.
Thanks a lot in advance.