Re: bochs and ecos?

Jani Monoses <jani@iv.ro> writes:

> Hello
>
> could somebody using bochs to emulate the ecos pc target tell me which
> version of bochs is used and whether it's floppy or grub target.
> I tried 2.0.1 and 2.1.1 and they behave slightly differently and only
> boot redboot floppy and not a floppy app.

I've still got a fairly old version: 2.0. But I've never seen any
problems with it booting any kind of eCos executable. I've mostly run
it with FLOPPY boot eCos apps.

Remember that unlike RedBoot, eCos apps do not use the screen by
default. You have to set
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL_DEFAULT to 2 to see any
output.