Re: Establishing ethernet support, ping failure

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Pls find attched file
1. gdb.txt :   Debug output
2. ecos_arp.txt : Arp request captured using Spynet

Still we are not able to ping the h/w from PC...
Can you pls tell us thet How to add ARP entry in Ecos Application?

Thanks & Regards

Aniket Joshi

Aniket S Joshi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to add the networking support for Hitachi 7729 hardware. we have removed the network support from Redboot and downloading application through serial port.
>
> Application is built with network support configuration (freeBSD)
>
> We testing the network support added with ping command.
>
> Loopback test on the board with ping command works fine.
> (ping 127.0.0.1 works fine on the board)
>
> But there is no response, when we ping the board from host PC or ping host PC from the board.
> (ping timeout)
>
> pls give us the solution

Have you enabled any debug messages in your build ? What do they say ?
You can turn on debug in the Common Ethernet Support package
(CYGDBG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS_DEBUG). You may also be able to enable extra
debug in the Ethernet driver itself.

Have you checked with Ethereal/tcpdump whether any traffic is actually
leaving your board ? Do you have any LEDs on the Ethernet port, and do
they light up when you start your application ?

Can you see any messages like "client IP: 10.0.0.1" when you start your
application ? Depending on your configuration it may be necessary to
call init_all_network_interfaces() in your applicaiton. However, if
loopback is working then maybe this isn't necessary.

Without more information like this it is difficult to guess what your
problem might be.

Kelvin.