Re: [ecos]application compile problem(arm-elf target, linux host)

> I've tried build application for my customized sa-110 port
> ecos(kernel version 2.0) with gcc( version 3.2.1, 3.3.3, 3.4.0) , host linux(kernel version 2.4.20-31.9smp)
>
> configtool work well (i made kernel library using template net) but ican't compile application(just print "hello") with kernel library(made by linux version configtool), but most weird thing is compile application with kernel library(made by windows version configtool) is work well.
> I've tested that application and kernel source on windows(with cygwin).
>
> compiler error is " multiple definition of 'cyg_icmpstat' " in freebsd stack component.

This is because you are using a more recent GCC version. The version
recommended for eCos 2.0 combined the common cyg_icmpstat symbols, but
this is not done by the newer GCC.

Take a look at ip_icmp.c and icmp_var.h in CVS to see what needs to be
done. Basically you should make icmpstat an extern in icmp_var.h, and
declare it in one place (ip_icmp.c).

See revision 1.2 here:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos-opt/net/net/bsd_tcpip/current/src/sys/netinet/ip_icmp.c?cvsroot=ecos

Kelvin.