Re: Ethernet recv ...NULL buf

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:14, Bob Koninckx wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> This is bugging me for a couple of days now. I build redboot with
> ethernet support. Everything seemed to work great (ctrl-c, loading,
> debugging)
>
> Larger GDB loads somehow fail. Setting netwerk debug verbosity to 2
> shows the message
>
> Ethernet recv ...NULL buf

This means that the RedBoot stack ran out of intermediate buffers.
It also is most likely an artifact of having the debug messages
printing out.

Are the GDB failures predictable?

> as soon as the download stops. I already tried increasing the timer
> granularity and increasing the number of receive buffers, alas ...
> I also checked that the download does not overwrite any redboot data.

Which set of receive buffers did you increase?  There probably is a set
associated with your driver and another set which controls the internal
buffers used by RedBoot (CYGNUM_REDBOOT_NETWORKING_MAX_PKTBUF)

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates