RE: Simulator problems on EB40a

Although the GDB simulator doesn't support peripherals, I have successfully
run eCos on SID (http://sources.redhat.com/sid/) using SID's pre-configured
ARM PID target supplied with it (see http://www.asisi.co.uk/ecos_sid.html).
You could have a go at configuring and 'building' the EB40A target in SID,
although I would say it's quite a lot of work to fully understand all SID's
inner workings. It might be worth it if you really need to simulate the
hardware in fine detail.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655