Re: ecos prting in virtex II pro

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 02:53:59PM -0400, Lahcen Mejjad wrote:

> hi
> i work under a new board virtex II pro ,so that I start to make new prting for
> this board but it exsist a Os time sys running under this board ,i want to know
> ther are some way for using  both time sys and eCOs!

A number of public ports are freely available for Linux on V2P. We also
have a non-public port of eCos for the Virtex-II Pro (and some common
soft-core peripherals) available for a fee. Also other OS's are available
for V2P under non-Free licenses.

You would need to detail the exact needs of your application to
advise if eCos or Linux are a good solution. Do I understand
from you question about TimeSys Linux that you are aiming at some
form of hard real-time behavior ?

Peter

--
Peter Vandenabeele