-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Syed
Mohasin Zaki (WT01 - EMBEDDED & PRODUCT ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS)
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 2:13 PM
To: gary@mlbassoc.com
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] RMT Error when trying to do "info threads" on i386
platform

Hi,

I am facing a new kind of problem.

I am getting the below error while trying "info threads" in the
GDB prompt.

I am running a x86 PC with eCos, without redboot. But I have
Included the GDB stubs.

I am able to load the sample applications provided with eCos,
Even set break points. But when I try "info threads" to view
The threads existing in the target, I am getting RMT Error.

I am pasting the complete session output below.

$ /opt/ecos/gnutools/i386-elf/bin/i386-elf-gdb.exe -nw hello
GNU gdb 5.3 (eCosCentric)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i386-elf"...
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
0x00006300 in ?? ()
    at
/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/language/c/libc/startup/v2_0/s
c/atexit.cxx:85
85      cyg_libc_invoke_atexit_handlers( void )
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb) load
Start address 0x108000, load size 26774
Transfer rate: 26774 bits/sec, 314 bytes/write.
(gdb)
Start address 0x108000, load size 26774
Transfer rate: 26774 bits/sec, 314 bytes/write.
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x10864d: file hello.c, line 6.
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, main () at hello.c:6
6         printf("Hello, eCos world!\n");
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb) info threa
warning: RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list

(gdb) info threads
warning: RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list

(gdb)

Thanks,
Mohasin