How do I view the threads running in my target ?

Hi eCos experts,
?
I would like to know how I can view the threads running in the target.
?
My target is x86 PC. I booted it through floppy containing the Redboot boot image.
?
I was able to connect to the target using GDB and was even able to load and run some of the sample applications.
?
But the problem I am facing here is that, when I "load" a application program and do a "continue", the currently running threads output is coming on the gdb console. I am not able to push this to the background and all the existing threads in the system.
?
I have done this in vxWorks, where I was able to view all the currently running tasks(threads) in the target, see their stack usage, suspend and resume the same.
?
How can I achieve the same in this case ?.
?
Thanks for all you help, in advance.
?
With Regards,