regarding GDB

hi all,
I am new person in the field of eCos , actually I am trying to implement a
simple C program on eCos as given in the eCos UserGuide 2.0. When I followed
their steps on the GDB prompt I used to get this error
" Segmentation fault <core dumped>"
I am trying to run simple hello program as provided be the eCos Developer in
their packages.
I had followed all the command s and instruction given in the chapter 13 in
eCos Documentation 2.0
$ TARGET-gcc -g -IBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/include
hello.c -LBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/lib -
Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
 I had given the above command , and invoked the GDB and then simulator to
run this program.
If anybody knows about it , please reply soon,

Thanks,
Regards,
Ashutosh