RE: Having trouble building

Actually I tried "ecosconfig new innovator redboot" first, and that resulted
in the same error.

I was wondering why rules.mak isn't removing "-Woverloaded-virtual" and
whatnot. That it hit me.... the rules.mak file only handles general
compilation. The problem appears to be in the CDL files that generate very
specific compilation rules.  They're generating specialized rules that
contain $(CFLAGS) instead of $(ACTUAL_CFLAGS), bypassing the ACTUAL_CFLAGS
constructs in rules.mak.

So, which would be the proper solution:  modifying rules.mak to set CFLAGS
equal to ACTUAL_CFLAGS after the flags have been scrubbed, or modify the CDL
files to use ACTUAL_CFLAGS when creating specialized rules?

--Gary Parnes

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Logic Product Development
411 Washington Ave. North, Suite 101