Re: tftp server calls diag_printf()

> > >  I'm not sure how you can best handle this if your only
> > > serial port (diagnostic device) is busy doing PPP.
> >
> > Is diag_printf() ever supposed to be called during normal execution?
> >
> > If this is something that is only invoked by eCos when there is a bug
> > somewhere, then its not really a big problem.
>
> For this module, that should be the case.
>
> In general, diag_printf is used to relay pertinent information to the
> user from time to time.  Most systems are quiet, with messages only
> an indication of something abnormal.

The reason I'm asking is to find out if there is any point in submitting
a patch to remove such debug output during normal execution.

There are "enable debug output" like .cdl options for other modules.
E.g. CYGDBG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS_DEBUG_VERBOSITY.

Perhaps the "net" package should have this as well?

(tftp is part of the net package).

Perhaps a better way to deal with this, would be to add a .cdl option to
send all diag output to the bit bucket. Since I'm using a JTAG debugger,
I can't send it to the debug channel.

--

Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com