Re: tftp server calls diag_printf()

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 06:06, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 13:47, Gary Thomas wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 04:32, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> > > I'm working on PPP over a serial line when I discovered that tftp calls
> > > diag_printf().
> > >
> > > It appears as if I can choose which serial port to send diag output to,
> > > but all my serial ports are in use by the application.
> > >
> > > Is tftp supposed to call diag_printf() under normal execution?
> >
> > Careful examination shows that the TFTP server only calls diag_printf
> > for errors.
>

> ?
>
> What about:
>
> tftp_server.c line 669:
>
> #ifndef CYGPKG_NET_TESTS_USE_RT_TEST_HARNESS
> 	      getnameinfo(&from_addr,sizeof(from_addr), name,
> sizeof(name),0,0,0);
> 	      diag_printf("TFTPD [%x]: received %x from %s\n", p,
> 			  ntohs(hdr->th_opcode), name);
> #endif

Sorry, missed that one.  You can certainly disable that.

> >  I'm not sure how you can best handle this if your only
> > serial port (diagnostic device) is busy doing PPP.
>
> Is diag_printf() ever supposed to be called during normal execution?
>
> If this is something that is only invoked by eCos when there is a bug
> somewhere, then its not really a big problem.

For this module, that should be the case.

In general, diag_printf is used to relay pertinent information to the
user from time to time.  Most systems are quiet, with messages only
an indication of something abnormal.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates