Re: PPP handling of unknown CI configuration requests

Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> writes:

> Ah. Finally some more progress...
>
> I modified the settings as in the included .jpg image and I was
> able to connect!
>
> I've messed around with my machine now, so I can't account for
> what other necessary steps there are if any.

It would be helpful to try and work this out, a simple readme would
help a lot. I've just taken a look at my XP system, and it is not
obvious how to do it at all.

> It strikes me as odd as having to set aside a static address range. I
> would have thought that my Windows machine would forward a DHCP request to
> the networks DHCP server. Perhaps this only works if the Windows machine itself
> is a DHCP server. Odd.

I suspect that is the case. Whenever setting up a PPP connection from
Linux I usually need to assign static addresses to the new endpoints.

> Note that I had to set aside two IP #s. The first IP # goes to the PPP
> adapter on the Windows PC and the second IP # is for the eCos unit itself.

Yes, you always need an IP address for each end.