images folder should not be downloaded in 'update -d' with '-P ecos'

Hi,

I issued following command to update local ecos repository.

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 update -d -P ecos

What I found that this also downloaded images folder (amounting to 90+ MBytes),
which is a waste of bandwidth and time, in tight resources situation.
If I don't give '-d' option to update, newer directory additions to cvs aren't
downloaded to local repository.

Since package ecos is just an alias for collection of folders, can it be
arranged to not have images folder downloaded with 'update -d' option taken with
ecos package. and rather have another '-P images' option to checkout/update
images by whosoever is interested in them.

Otherwise the alternative that remains currently, is to go selectively in
desired directories and do 'cvs update -d' .

regards
sandeep