Re: Which gcc should we use for the latest CVS ECOS?

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:29:34PM -0400, Linux HA wrote:
> Oops, sorry Bart I didn't mean to send it directly to you.
>
> I'm putting together a project that uses the ARM (EB40
> like board). I'm using the latest full ecos from the
> CVS. What is the 'best' stable release of the gnu tools
> I should use?

gcc 3.2.x is known to be broken on ARM. It produces bad code for
jffs2, so avoid that version. I think gcc 3.3 fixes that problem, any
some people have reported success.

Having said all that i would recommend the eCosCentric binaries. They
have been well tested with eCos. So these are probably you best bet.

     Andrew