Re: gdb, redboot stub, threads

Paul D. DeRocco said:
> I'm writing my own kernel for arm-elf, and debugging it with gdb talking (for now) to redboot.
What's needed in my kernel in order to support gdb's thread awareness? Is thread awareness built
into the redboot stub, or does all the magic occur in gdb itself? Any pointers to documentation,
or even the right part of the source, would be appreciated.

For GDB thread support, the "stubs" need to handle some extended packet types.  These provide such
information as the thread list, pointers to thread specific register sets, etc.

Look in hal/common for the files.  AFAIK, the documentation on this is pretty thin, so you may end
up having to understand what we've  done.  You might also ask about this on the GDB lists.

Good luck.

p.s. any particular reason you're writing your own kernel and not using eCos?