Re: Screen funzies?

Chuck McManis said:
> Can anyone tell me how to create a linear frame buffer area for my video
> card? (Its a Riva TNT2 if that helps) (PC platform, no special imports)

First of all you have to convince the chip to go into that mode.  Sorry,
but I don't know how it's done  (programming VGA-esque chips is an archane
art, left only to wizards).  Of course, the details of this may be different
from device to device (the TNT2 might be different from even a TNT1!)

Once that's done, just use it - eCos provides a simple, flat, address
space.  Since this is most likely a PCI device, you may need to do some
PCI magic to figure out where it's been mapped, etc.  Look at some PCI
drivers for ideas on how to do this.  Examples are:
  devs/eth/intel/...
  hal/arm/xscale/uE250/.../src/uE250_ide.c