Re: Source tags?

Chuck McManis said:
> At 09:46 PM 4/2/2004, Gary Thomas wrote:
>>Sorry, but there must be something wrong with your FreeBSD setup - this
>>all works fine on Linux (and even CygWin)
>
> Well I'm building the older toolchain at the moment and I'll test that too.
>
> Is there something I can give to ecosconfig to tell it to include -g in the
> Makefile? I create my test ecos library with simply
>
> ecosconfig new pc
> ecosconfig tree
>
> (Don't need a whole lot for hello world) and the -g flags are not in the
> makefile.
>

>>Did you build both using the same level of BINUTILS?
>>Can you see if your ELF files have any symbols or debug info (use objdump)?
>
> I'll send another update after the tool chain rebuilds. Are you using gdb 6.0?

I normally use GDB-5.3 I've not tried 6.0 yet, so I can't say
for sure if this is your problem.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc