Re: Help with Interrupt driven Serial ports in EB40A

Giri Raja said:
> Hi,
>    I'm trying to write a small application, which
> would accept data from /dev/ttyS0 and convey it via a
> GDB session from /dev/ttyS1.
> I want the reception of data from /dev/ttyS0 to be
> interrupt driven. Should I then create a interrupt
> using cyg_drv_interrupt_create with the USART0
> interrupt vector? And should I also create my own ISR
> and DSR, then use the device handle to read and wirte?
> I'm confused because I saw an implementation of the
> serial drivers' ISR and DSR implementation in
> at91_serial.c located under
> ecos/packages/devs/serial/arm/at91/current/src
>
> Shall I just ignore it and just include
> <cyg/hal/drv_api.h> .

Why not just use the standard, interrupt driven, drivers?
It's easy to configure eCos to have one port available using
this driver and the other to use only debug I/O (e.g. GDB).

> Your response would be very helpful.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Giri.
>
> p.s: This is a repost, I'm desperately seeking for
> help. Thank you for your patience.

This is a *voluntary* mailing list - folks answer if and when
they have the time and/or knowledge you seek.  If you are
truly desperate, this is not the correct vehicle to use.
In that case, you'd be better off contracting for proper,
professional assistance.