Re: BDI JTAG debugger and threads

Øyvind Harboe said:
> Is it possible to to get GDB threads support when running with a JTAG
> debugger?
>
> I'm debugging a deadlock in lwIP on EB40a running SLIP, and this would
> be most welcome.

Not without a whole lot of work - GDB needs to ask the JTAG (which is
talking the GDB protocol, I presume) about the thread information.  The
JTAG device in turn would need to know these details.  On eCos, the
details are hard to come by, since there's no fixed thread table, etc.,
all of the internal thread structures have to be walked.  This is more
than one might want to do in the JTAG box (and I doubt it has been done).

We did make this work sometime in the past, but it was complicated and
IIRC never was released.

Short summary, sorry but no.