Re: interesting, in a negative sort of way

I had this problem recently with a PowerPC860 board.

Part of my problem is that the serial device driver support redefines the Transmit and Receive Buffer Descriptors for all of the ports (by default), including SMC1, which is the default console.

Are you using a MPC8XX board, if so, try turning off smc1 hardware support, and see what happens...

Tony Butt
CEA Technologies

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:22:43 -0800
Chuck McManis <ecos@mcmanis.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get back to square 1, this is challenging me for some reason :-)
>
> 1) I've got the latest ECOS sources, I'm running on FreeBSD 4-STABLE, I've
>     rebuilt ecosconfig, and built a redboot floppy and can boot it.
>
> 2) I use ecosconfig to create a library for my app. That seems to work fine.
>
> 3) I "tested" it by building the example application that runs two threads
> against it.
>
> The first time I tried it, I used 'load test-app.srec' and Redboot tftp'd
> it, and all was well, it said "Hello World" and the threads started pinging
> and ponging as they are wont to do.
>
> Then I added something to the ecos.ecc file, serial I/O I think, and
> rebuilt my target app. When I tried to load it, nothing, nada, zip.
>
> It gets copied from the server (I see tftpd start up and exit) but it never
> runs. No worries I thought, I'll debug it gdb. But if I start gdb and do a
> target remote tty2:2012 (my terminal server) gdb craps out with an internal
> assertion error.
>
> Where should I start? Rebuild redboot with more debugging? Can I pass
> something to load that makes it a bit more chatty?
>
> --Chuck
>

> --

E-Mail: $m
Date: $d
Time: $t

Tony Butt                        Phone (02) 62130195
CEA Technologies