gdb, redboot stub, threads

I'm writing my own kernel for arm-elf, and debugging it with gdb talking
(for now) to redboot. What's needed in my kernel in order to support gdb's
thread awareness? Is thread awareness built into the redboot stub, or does
all the magic occur in gdb itself? Any pointers to documentation, or even
the right part of the source, would be appreciated.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco