Re: where is ecosconfig?

    Chuck> At 06:03 AM 3/31/2004, Bart wrote:
    >> Try "--with-tcl=/usr/local --with-tcl-version=8.4". This should cause
    >> the autoconf macro to look in /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4 for a file
    >> tclConfig.sh, and the remaining information is obtained from that
    >> file.

    Chuck> Which is almost sufficient, except that the configure
    Chuck> script still attempts to use "TCL_INC_DIR" from
    Chuck> tclConfig.sh which is not defined (its TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC)
    Chuck> and so it simply uses TCL_PREFIX (/usr/local) with
    Chuck> "/include" appended.

Some further investigation revealed that TCL_INC_DIR was a
Debian-specific hack. The master Tcl sources now use TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC
for this, and Debian has been updated to use that as well.

So the obvious solution is to change the autoconf macro to look for
TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC rather than TCL_INC_DIR, but a quick glance at
cygwin's tclConfig.sh shows that TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC there is set to an
invalid location /nonexistent/include

    Chuck> The following patch (cvs diff configure) applied to
    Chuck>     host/tools/configtool/standalone/common/configure
    Chuck>     host/libcdl/configure

    Chuck> Gets us through the configure step on FreeBSD if you set
    Chuck> the both --with-tcl to /usr/local and --with-tcl-versio=8.x
    Chuck> (depending on version installed)

But is likely to break things on other platforms. I think it is
necessary to do an AC_FIND_FILE() for tcl.h in a variety of locations
including ${TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC}, ${TCL_INC_DIR}, ${TCL_PREFIX}/include,
and ${TCL_PREFIX}/include/tcl${with_tcl_version}.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect