GDB Initial breakpoint support for EB40a

Greetings.

I have successfully built and executed redboot and using it, other
applications on the eb40a.

I now wish to execute stand-alone applications which are of ROM startup type
and will thus execute from FLASH but will do the necessary housekeeping at
startup (data section relocation to RAM etc).

I need the application to stop at init time and wait for gdb running on an
external host to connect to it and control further execution.

My current configuration includes a GDB stub however I do not see support for
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INITIAL_BREAK for this target.

Is there a solution to this problem ?

I notice that the PC and i386 targets that do have the
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INITIAL_BREAK feature seem to simply call the
breakpoint()  function before cyg_start. Can the same be done for the eb40a ?

Thanks and regards,
Robin