interesting, in a negative sort of way

I'm trying to get back to square 1, this is challenging me for some reason :-)

1) I've got the latest ECOS sources, I'm running on FreeBSD 4-STABLE, I've
   rebuilt ecosconfig, and built a redboot floppy and can boot it.

2) I use ecosconfig to create a library for my app. That seems to work fine.

3) I "tested" it by building the example application that runs two threads against it.

The first time I tried it, I used 'load test-app.srec' and Redboot tftp'd it, and all was well, it said "Hello World" and the threads started pinging and ponging as they are wont to do.

Then I added something to the ecos.ecc file, serial I/O I think, and rebuilt my target app. When I tried to load it, nothing, nada, zip.

It gets copied from the server (I see tftpd start up and exit) but it never runs. No worries I thought, I'll debug it gdb. But if I start gdb and do a target remote tty2:2012 (my terminal server) gdb craps out with an internal assertion error.

Where should I start? Rebuild redboot with more debugging? Can I pass something to load that makes it a bit more chatty?

--Chuck