Re: Ethernet and httpd

"Michael Trozzo" <trozzo@arcor.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I figured out how to set up and run the httpd web server, and all is
> well in that regard. However, I'm having trouble trying to get the next
> part of this to work. What I want to do is at program start, look for an
> Ethernet connection. If there is a connection, then start the httpd
> server. If no connection exists, then do something else.  I've been
> going through the docs about Ethernet, but I'm not 100% clear as to what
> to look for. Also, I can't seem to locate the routine to launch the
> server at a time other than startup. I've only been able to have the
> server start up right at the initialization. Could someone point me in
> the right direction?

I cannot help with the ethernet issue, with hope someone else will be
able to answer that. However, the HTTPD issue is something I can fix,
I've just checked in a patch to the HTTPD package to add a
CYGNUM_HTTPD_SERVER_AUTO_START option which, if disabled, allows the
application to start the HTTPD by calling cyg_httpd_startup()
explicitly.