Re: Loadable applications?

Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
Has anyone tried to construct an eCos system that allows applications to be
loaded dynamically?

It can be done, although eCos's normally minimal nature is quite ingrained. Look at services/loader. You'd also need to ensure all the symbols your application would need are present in the eCos image (so you'll have to take steps to identify them and keep them in.

The main issue I'm wondering about is whether or not
dynamic casts and exception type matching can be made to work across the
OS/application boundary. I'm using arm-elf tools.

Sure, those aren't related to the way the app was loaded. As long as the headers used for the OS and application are the same, and the tools are the same, or compatible anyway.

March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/