Loadable applications?

Has anyone tried to construct an eCos system that allows applications to be
loaded dynamically? The main issue I'm wondering about is whether or not
dynamic casts and exception type matching can be made to work across the
OS/application boundary. I'm using arm-elf tools.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco