Re: New ecosconfig-i386 debian package available

On Monday 23 February 2004 14:44, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Peter Soetens wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > People developing eCos on an i386 Debian host might be interested to know
> > that I made an 'unofficial' package which fixes the current broken
> > ecosconfig package in Debian unstable.
>
> I might be wrong, but I thought we tested the ecosconfig that comes with
> v2.0 on debian. Does it not work? And did you have to make any source
> changes? If so, we should look at getting those included in the main
> sources.

The 'problem' was in changes of the libwxgtk2.4 library from version 2.4.0 to
2.4.1 (the current 'unstable' version is 2.4.2) in combination with
ecosconfig 2.0-0pre2. They broke (unallowed imho) binary compatibility in
that minor version bump. The result was a crash after clicking 'whatever'.
This was solved by recompiling the ecosconfig package.

Anyone compiling ecosconfig himself on Debian will not have this problem, but
since most debian users would just apt-get the package, they could bump into
this problem.

For details, see :

Peter

Peter Soetens                                      http://www.orocos.org
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                      tel. +32 16 322773
Machine Design and Automation                         fax. +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                   peter.soetens@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium                 http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma