RedBoot+GDB+application combo question

Hi list,

I've built a working RedBoot loader w/ GDB on a V850E/MS1 system with
software breakpoints ( "br *" ) and an unused timer output that is fed
back into the NMI for periodic "bp hit" checking i.e. much like the
existing V850 port, just heavily tweaked for V850E/MS1.

Now I'm into running the kernel test suite and the question I haven't
seen answered is, how do I go about the GDB stuff. I have RedBoot in
internal flash and load the application into RAM. Do I keep the GDB code
in RedBoot and leave out GDB completely for the application, therefore
debugging by using RedBoot's GDB, or should I pack GDB into the app and
make it override RedBoot's VSR table, with RedBoot completely out of the
picture once I've typed "go"?

If there's more than one way, I'd like the "elegant" route. ;)

Thanks,
Stephan

Stephan Eisvogel
Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen, Net Access Technology
Nordostpark 93, D-90411 Nürnberg, Germany
Phone: +49 911 5806-211   Fax: -299   E-Mail: eisvogsn (at) iis.fhg.de