Re: Embedded scripting language

Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> writes:

> What is it about GNU Guile that sends shivers down your spine?

> Big?

Yes - and it links to lots of stuff in LIBC which might (or might
not?) require work to root out.  Ficl was very easy to get working,
for instance, because it doesn't call out too much to the lib, and
what it does use is available in eCos.  I think Lua is probably the
same way.  Python and Tcl are probably a bit more difficult... (they
assume files, for instance).

> Slow?

I've heard that it's not the fastest scheme out there.  mzscheme is
the one I use whenever I want to play with something schemish.

> Weird language?

I like scheme, although for an interactive command language I think
you could do better (Tcl:-).

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/