Re: Serial Port Configuration

Ricardo Andrino wrote:
Hello, I am working with the AT91EB40A board and i want to read a byte
from a host PC connected to  the serial B port from the board and then
send it to a Linux Host connected to the Serial A and display it in the
screen with a simply printf and vice versa.

I am using POSIX functions ( termios structure, read, write,fcntl,
threads etc). What i don't know is how i have to configure the serial
driver in the configuration tool to say my program to read from the
serial B and send it to the serial A:

should i configure this? CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS; CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_TERMIOS0 CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_TERMIOS0_DEV

and this? CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL0 ......

Yes :-). You want to enable all these, and also the same for the SERIAL1 stuff. CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_TERMIOS0_DEV can stay at its current setting.

Then when opening the termios devices, use /dev/termios0 and /dev/termios1.

Visit us at Embedded World 2004, Nürnberg, Germany, 17-19 Feb, Stand 12-449