redboot:Problem with Downloading Redboot file for the firsttime

Hi all,

I am working on SH77X9 hardware f.
I am trying to port Ecos on above mention ed hardware FOR THE FIRST TIME.
I want to instal redboot file on my system (redboot_7729_ROM.ecm)
for that I am tring to use hyperterminal to download the file on system flash.
I am using "send file" file option of hyperterminal for download.
I tried with all transfer protocol for download but it is giving error "No response from remote system"
as per the ecos document after "Please Send A S-format Record" response I have to copy redboot ROM SREC file to the serial port.
but HOw?
can any body give me an idea.
also pls answer my questions below:
1. what is S format file?
2. is redboot_7729_ROM.ecm S-format file?
3. is this the problem of hyperterminal?
4. Which type of transfer protocol I should select for downloading through Hyperterminal?

waiting for the reply
Thanks in advance

Aniket