Re: arm-elf-gdb incompatibility with cygwin1.dll 1.5.6-1

Hi Øyvind

Øyvind Harboe wrote:

I'm no expert on cygwin1.dll compatibility issues, but I at one point
had to delete the cygwin1.dll that was shipped with the arm-elf
toolchain I downloaded from sources.redhat.com/ecos.

I believe that cygwin1.dll does not support side-by-side installs on the
same system.

It is not possible to use multiple versions of cygwin1.dll at the same time, but it is possible to switch between multiple Cygwin installations if you take care to quit all Cygwin applications first and then modify both the PATH and the mount table.

Today I ran into a compatibility issue w/cygwin1.dll 1.5.6-1. When I run
arm-elf-gdb I get the following error:

"The procedure entry point reent_data could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin1.dll."

I cannot reproduce this with Cygwin 1.5.7 (sic). Perhaps the issue you report has now been resolved.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited