RE: Need Ecos and Cygwin versions

On Monday, January 19, 2004 9:00 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Please copy your replies to the list so that all may benefit.
>
> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 07:51, Giri wrote:
> > hi gary,
> >    i forgot to mention the Platform. i am using the i386 platform.
>
> You'll still need to run eCos on a separate platform from
> your Windows
> development system.  It's not possible to run eCos (tests, etc) on
> Windows without a separate target platform (this _is_
> possible on Linux)

I just wanted to point out that Bochs makes a nice, virtual, separate
platform from which to do some basic eCos tests.  With grub installed
on a Bochs hard disk image and mtools to copy your eCos apps onto
the disk image, you get a test environment that is *almost* as easy to
use as the Linux synthetic target.  At least, it is a nice option if you
don't have Linux readily available.

Tony Richardson