jffs2 take a very long time to find a file

We have an application with 3 Megs of flash for the jffs.
We run our application on an arm9 at 80Mhz

Flashing a 1M file by writing to jffs takes only few seconds.
However, retrieving the file by name (i.e. jffs_find) takes about 1
minute even though this is the only file in the filesystem.

What could we do wrong here ?

Thanks

--
Philippe Moutarlier <pmoutarlier@alliantnetworks.com>