Re: GDB stub for RAM startup.

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your input. After looking at your comments.
I thought I could just compile GDB stubs. Following
are the things I did.

1. Inside my vector.S file, before calling cyg_start.
I have the following code

#ifdef CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
        call      initialize_stub
#endif

2. Inside my generic exception handle. I have the
following.
void cyg_hal_exception_handler()
{
#ifdef CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS

    __handle_exception();
#endif
..
}

Now I am assuming if I build my gdb stub. It would
build my application and inco-orparte generic-stub.c
file. At the BSP level  initialize_stub()function get
called, which will initialize my serial debug port and
send some control character("+").

What I am not sure of is, I don't see any code
listening on the serial port for any gdb command
request.
Only during an exception,  "__handle_exception"  get
called. I thought "__handle_exception" should be also
be hooked to the interrupt handler of the serial port.
That way when a serial character from the gdb client
comes in, and interrupt would get raised and the gdb
stub would get called.. (Right ?)

Any idea..

Many thanks in advance.
                  Ottawa