GDB stub for RAM startup.

Hi,
I am using sparc leon board. This board comes with
serial port, PCI interface and DSU software.

Using the DSU software I can download an "elf" file
into the board's memory and reset the PC to start
executing. All I want is to use the serial port for
debug (gdb).

I have ported the CYGINT_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT.
So that I could configure the serial port.

I have the following question.

1. My application is only "RAM" startup. Do I need
include  "ROM-MONITOR" package or REDBOOT package
2. In the platform specific *.cdl file . I have the
following

  cdl_option CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS {
            display "Build GDB stub RAM image"
            default_value 0
            requires { CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "RAM" }
            requires
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
           }

Do I need anything else under the "Required" claused.

3. What is  "CYGINT_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_STUBS_BREAK"

Can someone tell me what else I am missing.
            Ottawa