Re: MPC860 Porting (ROM/Flash)

Note: there may be something wrong with your email tool - I received
this message 4 times!

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 06:06, Viswanath Bandi wrote:
> Sorry for not mentioning this in my earlier mail. We have P&E Micro flash
> programmer with us. Can I use it to program the flash? If yes, do I still
> need to mention the flash details in the CDL? Basically I am just trying
> to build it with one serial port so that I can see the RedBoot prompt.

You can indeed use the tool to program the FLASH, but by putting the
details into RedBoot, you'll be able to use the FLASH directly.  That
way, you can update RedBoot, save configuration information and other
data in FLASH, etc.

In other words, why have a nice big FLASH device (4MB) if you're not
going to use it :-)

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates