Re: Unable to run kernel test program on Samsung SNDS!

I check the ecos-2.0-ref-letter.pdf, it says
==========================
Console output configuration is either inherited from the ROM monitor
launching the application, or it is speci-
fied by the application. This is controlled by the new option
CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE
which defaults to enabled when the configuration is set to use a ROM
monitor.
==========================
but in hal_arm_snds.cdl, there is no cdl_option for
CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR
(hal_arm_at91.cdl have this cdl_option), maybe it need to fixed? I am not
sure......
I add this option and recompile the redboot and kernel test program.
It's happy that redboot[ROMRAM] can use both way to run the test program,
but it's sad that redboot[ROM] fail on both.
can anyone tell me why?

                      Gary Thomas
                      <gary@mlbassoc.com>                收件人: RandyLin@mxic.com.tw
                      寄件人:                           副本抄送:     ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
                      ecos-discuss-owner@sources         主旨:   Re: [ECOS] Unable to run kernel test program on
                      .redhat.com                        Samsung SNDS!

                      2003/11/25 11:47 AM

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 19:28, RandyLin@mxic.com.tw wrote:
> The default value of CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER is GDB.
> Yes, both of application and redboot set this to GDB.
> Is this the reason that cause the ap(test program) can run on
> arm-elf-gdb but fail on redboot "load" command?
> So, I set CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER to NONE and recompile test program.
> test program can run on redboot "load" command, but fail on arm-elf-gdb
> Is this the correct result?
> Can I have the same image that run on both?
> Thanks!

This should not be set to anything for "user" programs.
If things are configured properly, the application program will
inherit the I/O in the mode that it was in when the program starts.
Thus, if you use RedBoot 'load' and 'go' commands, you get plain,
non-mangled output.  If you are using GDB, you get GDB mangled output.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates