Using synth target to replace newlib in mips2java

For those interested in Java, there is new and potentially most [insert
adjective here] application of eCos and the synth target.

First, read about what the guys at XWT have done

http://www.xwt.org/mips2java/

Q: Would eCos and the synth target be a good candidate to replace the
limited API compatibility that newlib in mips2java offers?

I wouldn't know where to start to pull this off, but in the eCos +
mips2java scenario, the API compatibility with existing applications
should be increased dramatically. eCos offers a c library beyond
newlib(me thinks), POSIX API...

You may ask yourself what the heck could this be used for?

- Run your Microwindows eCos applications in a Java Applet. :-)
- Lots more applications would compile out of the box for mips2java.

My "sponsoring project" is to compile lrzsz to Java without modifying
it. This would give me an opensource/free xyzmodem protocol in pure Java
for my desktop control application of my eCos embedded target. I could
of course just buy a commercial Java xyzmodem component, where where is
the fun in that? :-)

Ãyvind