Re: Unable to run kernel test program on Samsung SNDS!

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 19:28, RandyLin@mxic.com.tw wrote:
> The default value of CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER is GDB.
> Yes, both of application and redboot set this to GDB.
> Is this the reason that cause the ap(test program) can run on
> arm-elf-gdb but fail on redboot "load" command?
> So, I set CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER to NONE and recompile test program.
> test program can run on redboot "load" command, but fail on arm-elf-gdb
> Is this the correct result?
> Can I have the same image that run on both?
> Thanks!

This should not be set to anything for "user" programs.
If things are configured properly, the application program will
inherit the I/O in the mode that it was in when the program starts.
Thus, if you use RedBoot 'load' and 'go' commands, you get plain,
non-mangled output.  If you are using GDB, you get GDB mangled output.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates