Re: Re: remove NOT_IN_RAM handling

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 05:31, Jani Monoses wrote:

> > Humm. This needs some discussion. There may not be any drivers in the
> > anoncvs repository using this, but there could be people with there
> > own private flash drivers which use this interface. Do we want to
> > break such drivers?
> >
> > Anybody with an opinion is welcome to comment.
>
> I thought there might be others using old drivers but to change them to
> work with this is simple. And if they track CVS they are definitely able
> to do such a small change. Of course others might have other opinions.

I think it's reasonable to do this, now that all of the drivers are up
to date (at least all of the public drivers).  If this breaks something
out there, it will be minor and as Jani says, easy to fix.

You might leave the interface in the CDL and make it an error if it
is ever "implemented".  That way we'd catch the problem as soon as
possible.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates